We Offer One Polymeric Sand that Does All Applications: Pavers, Natural Stone, Cast Stone, Cobblestone, Concrete Overlays & Pool Decks
Every interlocking pavement system requires the installation of joint sand to minimize paver movement, promote safety and provide an aesthetically pleasing look. The process of joint sand stabilization leads to hardened sand within the pavement joints which in return helps to reduce sand washout, inhibit weed growth and protect against insect infestation.
FASTER STRONGER BETTER
SEK-Surebond introduced PolySweep Polymeric Sand in 2009 due to inconsistent performance of some brands of polymeric sand. PolySweep with Clear Set Technology is made with only high quality clear polymers and NO portland cement. PolySweep is your #1 choice for polymeric sand and is the strongest on the market today. You can be assured it will not haze and will perform consistently on every project!
With PolySweep, Never Worry About Polymeric Sand Haze, Ever Again.
• Guaranteed Not to Haze Since 2008
• Superior & Long Lasting Cohesive Strength
• Fast Set Up, 60 Minutes or Less
• Lifetime Limited Warranty
• Ideal for Both Residential & Commercial
• Made in USA
PolySweep is guaranteed not to haze when installed following the directions. Feel confident knowing your hardscape project and reputation is safe with the haze free brand: PolySweep Polymeric Sand. PolySweep, available in tan and gray, is made for joints up to ¾” and X-Treme Wide Joint Polysweep, available in russet brown and gray, is designed for joints up to 4”.
Surfaces with PolySweep installed can be sealed once PolySweep has cured, which is typically 24 hours depending upon environmental conditions, weather and moisture in the system. Always follow sealer instructions and consult manufacturer for more information.
Click below to open up the tab to reveal more information.
PolySweep & X-Treme Wide Joint Helpful Information
Polysweep Polymeric Sand is designed specifically for pavers, natural stone, cast stone, cobblestone, concrete overlays and pool decks. PolySweep Polymeric Sand is a blend of native sands conforming to ASTM C-144 standard, and binders to allow the joints to expand and contract with the elements such as extreme heat, extreme cold and freeze/ thaw cycles. Specially formulated with Clear Set Technology®, PolySweep will not discolor the surface or leave behind a haze. Recommended for joints up to 3/4” (max), 1” is acceptable where pavers intersect. Use on all new pavement construction and renovation especially where there is a slope involved, excessive water run-off areas such as pools and commercial applications as well as pedestrian and vehicular applications. This product is ready to drive on in as little as 8 hours after installation. Best performance when sands are installed to a minimum depth of 1.5”. PolySweep prevents sand erosion from the pavement joints caused by rain and other water run-off, deters weed growth and reduces overall pavement maintenance. Colors Available: Tan, Gray & Platinum
X-Treme Wide Joint PolySweep Polymeric Sand is a high performance joint sand stabilizer specially formulated for joints ranging from 1/8″ up to 4″. PolySweep X-Treme Wide Joint is designed to expand and contract with pavements during freeze/thaw cycles and remains flexible to resist cracking. Specially formulated with Clear Set Technology®, X-Treme Wide Joint PolySweep will not discolor the surface or leave behind a haze. X-Treme Wide Joint is designed to work with pavers, slabs and natural stone with a minimum 1.25” joint depth to maintain a strong joint. This product is ready to drive on in as little as 8 hours after installation. X-Treme Wide Joint PolySweep prevents sand erosion from the pavement joints caused by rain and other water run-off, deters weed growth and reduces overall pavement maintenance. Colors Available: Russet Brown, Gray & Platinum
PolySweep is available in Tan & Gray everywhere in the u.s. – platinum is available in most but not all of the U.S.
X-Treme Wide Joint PolySweep is available in Russet Brown & Gray everywhere in the u.s. – Platinum is available in most but not all of the U.S.
PolySweep & X-treme Wide Joint Brochure
PolySweep Technical Data Sheet
- Prior to installation of Polysweep, make sure pavement joints and surface are completely dry AND there is no rain forecasted for at least 12 hours after installation. Polysweep needs to surpass the set up threshold before getting rained on. If there is a possibility of rain shortly after installation, cover project with a tarp. Remove tarp as soon as threat of rain is gone.
- PolySweep should be installed when the average ambient air temperature is above 35 degrees for a minimum of 48 hours after installation.
- Always wear personal protection equipment: eyewear and respirator.
- PolySweep is designed to work best when following ICPI recommended best practices for base installation. Concrete pavers, slabs and natural stone should have ¾” modified stone base and concrete sand setting bed that conforms to ASTM-C33. See instructions below when using PolySweep on a concrete overlay.
- Distribute PolySweep evenly across surface. Sweep sand into joints until full, being careful not to push product over long distances on the surface. (1.5” min depth when using PolySweep, 1.25” min depth when using X-Treme Wide Joint).
- For Concrete Pavers: Run vibratory compactor over the pavement to allow the vibrations to consolidate sand particles into the joints and reduce voids. For Cast Stone or Natural Stone: Use a vibratory rubber roller tamper or a rubber hammer and a piece of wood (2” x 4”).
- Sweep additional sand into the joints if necessary so that the height of the sand is approximately 1/8” below the pavement surface. (Do not overfill joints.) Repeat compaction.
- After joints are filled, sweep surface with broom and then use a leaf blower held on slight angle but close to parallel to surface to remove any excess sand/dust from the top of surface. Take care not to remove any sand from joints.
- Using a hose, gently mist the pavement no greater than 500 sf at a time. Allow water to absorb for approximately 5 minutes and repeat misting process three to four times, each time gradually adding more volume of water.
- In one of the joints, check the moisture depth in the sand with a screwdriver to see that it has penetrated to at least 1½” for pavers and 1 ¼” for natural stone. Replace sand and only apply additional misting if water hasn’t penetrated at least 1½” for pavers and 1 ¼” for natural stone. For optimal joint performance, be certain the entire sand column is fully saturated
- Any residual surface water caught in the texture of the pavers or natural stone should be blown off the surface with a leaf blower.
- Do not apply too much water too fast as to flood the pavement or erode sand from paver joints.
- Prior to applying Polysweep with natural stone, be sure the surface is free of any dust or stone residue by rinsing thoroughly with water. Then, make sure the natural stone and joints are completely dry prior to installing polymeric sand.
- Do not apply this product to any wet or damp surface because the polymeric sand will adhere to the surface and is difficult to remove.
- This product is not designed for vertical applications and is not a substitute for mortar on vertical or horizontal applications.
- Do not mix or dilute polymeric sand with any other product.
Concrete Overlay Additional Instructions:
When using PolySweep on concrete overlays (pavers/stones installed directly on concrete), a minimum of 1% slope to the concrete and a 1” layer of bedding sand on top of concrete is required. Do not allow water to be trapped in the system. Any water that enters the surface of concrete overlay applications must be allowed to escape the sand setting bed at the outside perimeter of the project. If pavers or stone are set directly on top of the concrete, drill 1” drainage holes thru the concrete with a coverage rate of 1 hole/sq. ft. Fill holes with open graded gravel and covered with geotextile (to keep polymeric sand from migrating into the holes). Drainage channels in lieu of holes in the concrete can also be installed. See ICPI for installation details.
PolySweep contains no portland cement. The curing process varies and could take up to 24 hours based on temperature and humidity level. Cool, damp and overcast conditions will increase PolySweep set up time.
PolySweep MUST BE STORED in a dry location protected from rain and moisture. Intact, covered pallets can be stored outdoors.
When using PolySweep with porcelain tile, follow the installation instructions for natural stone as posted here on our website or as listed in the product literature. Specifically, during the compaction step use a vibratory rubber roller or a rubber hammer and a piece of wood rather than a vibratory plate compactor.
Cohesive Strength is Paramount
If PolySweep (both regular and X-Treme Wide Joint PolySweep – here on out referred to as ‘PolySweep’) has been installed per SEK-Surebond instructions, and is proven to have a manufacturer defect, then SEK-Surebond will refund the Polysweep purchase price. SEK-Surebond will only be obligated for the refund of the PolySweep purchase price and will not be responsible/liable for any other costs. Proof of purchase is required for any claim. SEK-Surebond specifically excludes any implied warranty for Polysweep product that is used on projects that do not meet manufacturer’s recommended application types and installation protocol for PolySweep. SEK-Surebond has no control over sub-surface conditions, base preparation, surface and weather conditions at the time of installation, therefore joint and pavement system performance cannot be guaranteed. SEK-Surebond recommends the user install a test area first to determine that this product is suitable for their project.
Can Polysweep be used with Porcelain Tile?
Yes. Polysweep is compatible with almost all types of hardscape surfaces. See PolySweep literature or packaging for more information.
How long does it take Polysweep to cure?
After water activation, Poly sweep will start to be firm within a few hours but not fully cured for 12 to 24 hours depending on weather.
How wide of a joint will Polysweep fill?
Regular Polysweep with perform best in a joint of ¾” or smaller and Polysweep X-Treme with work in joints 4” or less.
What colors is Polysweep available in?
Polysweep and Polysweep X-Treme is available in Tan, Gray, and the new Platinum.
Will the color wash out onto my patio?
No. The colors in Polysweep are the natural pigments of the aggregate with no dyes or stains added.